Chicken Teriyaki with Honey Marinade
• 1/2 cup Pinecreek honey
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbsp grated ginger root
• 1/4 cup dry sherry
• 1 tsp sesame seed oil
• 4 lb. chicken parts, boneless/skinless thighs and breasts preferred
• steamed rice
• chopped green onions
• To make marinade put the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger root, sherry, and sesame seed oil in a small pot. Cook over low heat, stirring the whole time, until honey dissolves. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
• In a medium size bowl, combine marinade with chicken parts. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, turning chicken parts every 2 to 3 hours. Then transfer the chicken parts and marinade to a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in a 300F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until thickest pieces are cooked to 165F.
• Separate chicken from sauce. Run sauce through a sieve. Slice chicken and serve over a bed of steamed rice. Serve garnished with chopped green onion and sauce* on the side.
*For a thicker richer tasting sauce, reduce by boiling it in a small pot for 5 to 10 minutes. Hold chicken in a warm oven while sauce is being reduced.
You May Also Like
Honey Butternut Squash Soup
A great fall or winter soup that is even better if you have the time to make your own vegetable or chicken stock.
Kid Approved Honey Ginger Salad
Kids of all ages who are fussy about eating salad will love this one. It's the honey in it that wins them over every time.