Tahini And Honey Icebox Cookies
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 1/4 cup Pinecreek honey
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
• Combine the tahini, Pinecreek honey, light brown sugar, and egg in a medium size bowl.
• In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in two additions to the medium size bowl. As you add flour blend, sprinkle in the toasted sesame seeds. Mix until well combined.
• Refrigerate for one hour. Shape cookie dough into 2 rolls that are about 9 inches long and about 1 inch or so in diameter. Wrap each roll in wax paper and leave in the freezer until very firm, about 3 hours.
• Set oven for 350F. Cut chilled rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices. Bake on baking sheets until golden brown, about 8 or 9 minutes. Makes over 3 dozen cookies
You May Also Like
Honey Butternut Squash Soup
A great fall or winter soup that is even better if you have the time to make your own vegetable or chicken stock.
Kid Approved Honey Ginger Salad
Kids of all ages who are fussy about eating salad will love this one. It's the honey in it that wins them over every time.