Honey Marmalade Carrots
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup orange juice
• 6 tbsp Seville orange marmalade
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 lbs baby carrots
• 1/4 cup Pinecreek honey
• 1 tbsp grated organic orange zest
• optional lemon juice
• Melt butter in a small saucepan; add orange juice and marmalade. Boil vigorously, stirring occasionally. Cook until mixture has a sauce-like and is reduced by about half. Remove sauce from heat, set aside.
• Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 1 1/2 tsp salt, add baby carrots. Boil until tender-crisp, about 5 or 6 minutes. Drain.
• While carrots are cooking, re-heat orange sauce. Add honey and grated orange zest to sauce. Stir to combine. Taste for sweetness, add some lemon juice if necessary. Pour over cooked carrots and serve.
You May Also Like
Honey Butternut Squash Soup
A great fall or winter soup that is even better if you have the time to make your own vegetable or chicken stock.
Kid Approved Honey Ginger Salad
Kids of all ages who are fussy about eating salad will love this one. It's the honey in it that wins them over every time.