Pork Backribs In Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce
• 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock, or combination of both
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup Pinecreek honey
• 1/2 cup prepared mustard
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1 - small can tomato paste (5 1/2 ounces)
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 10 cloves garlic, minced
Preparing The Sauce
Bring the stock to a boil and add the remaining ingredients. Continue to cook at a moderate boil for 30 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to about 3 cups. Remove from heat and let stand.
To Cook & Finish The Back Ribs
• Coat the meat side of 3 strips of back ribs (5 to 6 lbs.) with sauce. (Hold back about 1 cup of sauce for finishing.) Put each strip of ribs meat side down on its own sheet of aluminum foil. Fold and seal.
• Cook the ribs in a 275F oven for 3 hours. Remove from oven and baste the meat side of ribs with sauce. (Any remaining sauce can be served along side the finished ribs.) Return the basted ribs to a 375F oven, meat side up, and cook until ribs begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
• Alternatively, the ribs may be finished on the barbecue over moderately high heat.
You May Also Like
Grilled Honey Garlic Eggplant
A great grilled vegetable recipe that really delivers on taste. Doubling or tripling a batch for a crowd only takes a few minutes longer to make.
Kid Approved Honey Ginger Salad
Kids of all ages who are fussy about eating salad will love this one. It's the honey in it that wins them over every time.